Here is a list of the tools and materials you will need to complete this course.
The specifics of these tools and materials will be discussed further in the course videos.
- A domestic sewing machine (with the capability to turn the feet teeth off)
- A freehand embroidery foot or darning foot for your sewing machine (see the images below for some examples)
- Spare sewing machine needles (sharps or jeans needles recommended)
- Bobbins suited to your machine
- A small embroidery hoop (15 – 25cm is good)
- Embroidery scissors
- Squares of fabric to fit your embroidery hoop. Plain-woven cotton fabric recommended eg. Calico, lawn, quilting fabric.
- Standard sewing thread in a colour of your choice